The American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC), established in 1974, strives to be the leading voice and resource for excellence in mathematics education in the first two years of college. AMATYC’s mission is to provide high quality professional development, to advocate and collaborate at all levels, and to build communities of learners for all involved in mathematics education in the first two years of college.
This mission is achieved by
• Advocating for mathematics educators and mathematics students.
• Providing and promoting professional development opportunities to faculty whose primary focus is mathematics in the first two years of college.
• Promoting research on the teaching and learning of mathematics and statistics in the first two years of college.
• Improving mathematics and statistics curricula in the first two years of college.
• Building connections within communities of educators across regions, departments, and institutions.
AMATYC sponsors an annual conference each fall, other professional development opportunities such as webinars, traveling workshops, and myAMATYC (my.amatyc.org), an online community offering resources and networking for members. The MathAMATYC Educator, a refereed journal of AMATYC (published three times annually) provides the community with scholarly articles pertinent to teaching mathematics in the first two years of college. The AMATYC News, published four times annually, informs members about the activities of AMATYC, its committees, and upcoming events. AMATYC works with forty-five state and provincial affiliate organizations in the U.S. and Canada to form a leadership pool and information network that is dedicated to meeting the challenges facing mathematics education in the first two years of college.
Coconino Community College
2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86005
Term: Jan 1, 2020 – Dec 31, 2021
1961 Delta Road
University Center MI 48710