The CBMS Council met at the MAA Carriage House on Thursday, December 7, 2017.
The agenda covered the following topics:
- Discussion of recent attacks on research in mathematics education. See Deborah Ball’s RESPONSE to these attacks.
- Report by Jane Tanner on the AMATYC IMPACT document
- Report by Matt Larson on the NCTM Catalyzing Change document
- Report by Ellen Kirkman on the results of the 2015 CBMS Survey (follow this link to current tables)
- Report by John Staley on the activities of the US National Commission on Mathematics Instruction
- Report by Kathie Bailey on the proposed US bid to host the 2026 International Congress of Mathematicians
- Report by Karen Saxe on Washington Update
- Report by Jim Lewis on NSF EHR
- Report by Hank Warchall on NSF DMS
- Report by Mark Green on TPSE work on upper division pathways
- Discussion of proposed 2018 CBMS Forum